Teflon cloth’s scientific name is polytetrafluoroethylene coated glass fiber cloth, also known as special PTFE high temperature paint (welding) cloth, It is based on suspension polytetrafluoroethylene (commonly known as plastic king) emulsion, impregnated with high performance Made of glass fiber cloth. It is a new product with high performance and multi-purpose composite materials. Because of its excellent performance, it is widely used in aviation, papermaking, food, environmental protection, printing and dyeing, clothing, chemical industry, glass, medicine, electronics, insulation, construction (building roof fabric base fabric), grinding wheel slicing, machinery, etc. field.
Main performance characteristics of Teflon cloth
- Used at low temperature -196℃ and high temperature 350℃, with weather resistance and anti-aging. After practical application, if it is continuously placed for 200 days at a high temperature of 250°C, not only the strength will be reduced, but also the weight will not be reduced; when placed at a high temperature of 350°C for 120 hours, the weight will only be reduced by about 0.6%; at -180°C Under the condition of ultra-low temperature, there will be no cracks and the original softness will be maintained.
- Non-adhesiveness: It is not easy to adhere any substance. Easy to clean all kinds of oil stains, stains or other attachments attached to its surface; almost all sticky substances such as paste, resin, paint, etc. can be easily removed;
- Resistant to chemical corrosion, resistant to strong acids, strong bases, aqua regia and various organic solvents.
- Low friction coefficient (0.05-0.1), it is the best choice for oil-free self-lubrication.
- The light transmittance reaches 6～13%.
- It has high insulation performance (small dielectric constant: 2.6, tangent below 0.0025), anti-ultraviolet and anti-static.
- Good dimensional stability (elongation coefficient less than 5‰) and high strength. Has good mechanical properties.
- Drug resistance, non-toxic. Almost all pharmaceutical items are resistant.
- Fire and flame retardant.